jueves, 30 de abril de 2015

Off the Cuff


I went shopping and was very uninspired.  I needed a birthday gift for a 10 y/o girlfriend of my daughter.
I had read a blog yesterday (for the life of me I cannot remember where) about the feeling of being overwhelmed by received gifts and the alternatives.

The words of the post sounded like the tattoo of a drum, 'No, trash, No trash, No trash', I could not find what I was looking for at the store so I returned home a bit disgruntled.  I did not want to saddle another mom with crap disguised as a gift.  I also did not want to look as if I had put no effort into the gift and just give cash.  An idea bloomed as I drove back to the house.


I had just enough time to whip up a child's wrist wallet.  Christie, a blogger I follow had a great tutorial here on lunch money wallets.  Very easy and well photoed.  

Here is my little wallet, and it did not take any time at all.  I will be making more for my kiddos.



A box, homemade card and a little tissue and we were ready to go.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario