viernes, 26 de diciembre de 2014

Independence Day

Worked on several projects and finished one today.  


First, I started a new quilt - a windswept 4 patch inspired by Debbie Gibson in her BOM on Craftsy.  The fabric pattern I am using is "A Walk in the Woods" by Aneela Hoey and a pale pink I had in my stash.

I pinned all my squares in grid, I am horrible getting my pieces from the planning area to my machine then sewing them in order.  I saw someone using this grid and it made sense to me and is working until my assistant begins to help.  Yes, here he is below re-pinning all my squares.

Too cute to scold, he wants to help so bad, he even sat down at my backup machine and tried to sew while I was piecing.


My second project was off Riley Blake's blog.  This fish is too adorable for me to put it off.  I assure you that Riley's was much prettier than my first attempt but my kiddos loved it.  HERE is the tutorial and the pretty photos, of when a professional takes her hand to the pattern.


Third I settled down in front of the television and worked on my 'Grandmother's Garden' quilt top.  I will probably be a granny by the time I am finished but it is calming work.

 Just watching the tube, listening to the fireworks it is a nice end to a quick day.

Happy Independence Day.

 Thank you to all those who sacrifice to keep us the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario